Essential Tips For Walking Into Divine Health
I am a firm believer of instantaneous healing especially when conditions are beyond our physical control. I am also a firm believer of taking care of our bodies so that we can sustain our God-given health (our birthright thru Jesus). Sometimes, even though we may not presently know, our sickness may be based upon our actions. Deuteronomy 30:19 tells us that we must CHOOSE life. It says, “I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;”. There is a delicate balance in necessity between instantaneous deliverance and repentance ( a change in attitude and action) paired with changed habits. Jesus gives revelation and he gives instantaneous healing (freedom from curses of sin-generational or personal iniquities, freedom from demonic activity, providing divine strength to overcome the battle with your flesh, or recreating what the enemy stole in the womb/birth defects); all suitable in their time. Revelation and faith are both required to activate healing and divine health. In this article, we will not be talking about healing, but I will be sharing tips with you that I’ve learned help to sustain your divine health. In his book, The 7 Pillars to Divine Health, Dr. Colbert asks a series of questions to see how much you know about how to take care of your health. The questions were:
- How much water should you drink daily?
- What are seven indications that you are sleep deprived?
- Why can stress make you fat and ugly?
- How does the food you put in your mouth produce life or death?
- What 9 things can you do to detoxify your body?
- What are the most important nutrients that you need on a daily basis?
If any of these questions was difficult for you to answer, then you feel as I did a couple weeks ago. I have never had any severe health ailments, but neither do I want to. Annually, I deal with a sinus infection or bronchitis, my son will have periodic eczema outbreaks, and my husband has headaches. I want us all to walk in divine health! No more sinus infections! No more eczema outbreaks! No more headaches! Complete and total health as Jesus paid for! With my desire for divine health, I started to read and study Orthomolecular Medicine and Nutrition. As a result, I learned of many vitamins that can reverse medical symptoms and how I can cook to ensure that we get out dietary NEEDS met, and stop our bodies from giving these undernourished red flags. Here are some things that I have learned and the brief answers to Dr. Colbert’s questions above:
- Regarding water intake, there are many variables: activity level, weight, and body compostion amongst others. With average activity level, weight, and temperature ranges in mind, the Institute of Medicine says that a man should drink about 13 cups or 3 liters of water daily, while a woman should drink 9 cups or 2.2 liters per day.
- Seven indications of sleep deprivation? (1) Frequent hunger, (2) Weight gain – Your digestive system gets tired too, (3) More impulsive, (4) Memory loss, (5) Your motor skills have declined, (6) Decision-making is impaired, (7) Your emotions are all over the place; anxiety, anger, and other fruits of the flesh manifest because you are too tired to fight your spiritual battles, (8) Your getting sick often, (9) Your vision is impaired, (10) Your skin is not as healthy. Damaged cells, wrinkles, and other symptoms are created from a lack of rest
- Why can stress make you fat and ugly? Stress takes energy. Rather than your foods’ nutrition fueling creativity and motions that are creating greater success for you, stress re-exerts that energy towards balancing emotions. Stress is toxic, and too much of it completely drains your body of its vitamins and even worse, you also may lose your body’s defenses from future illness. Stress can be induced externally and internally thru words. When stressful words or circumstances arise, take time to rest. Breath. Position yourself comfortably, and take rest.
- How can the food you eat bring life or death? Your food choices are usually provoked by either your fleshly cravings or by your desire to fuel your body. Most American people uphold the western principles of eating “what tastes good” or eating to soothe momentary cravings. When you eat to appease cravings, many times, your not attentive to your nutrient supply. You must choose life by rearranging your paradigm on “why” you eat. You eat for nutrition first, then enjoyment second. Enjoyment does come from eating a nutritious diet, but your focus has to change to accept whats best in the long-term. Daniel had to make a stringent decision when he realized that Babylon was sacrificing their food to idols. Daniel 1:11-16 says:
- “So Daniel said to the steward[a] whom the chief of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, “Please test your servants for ten days, and let them give us vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then let our appearance be examined before you, and the appearance of the young men who eat the portion of the king’s delicacies; and as you see fit, so deal with your servants.” So he consented with them in this matter, and tested them ten days.And at the end of ten days their features appeared better and fatter in flesh than all the young men who ate the portion of the king’s delicacies. Thus the steward took away their portion of delicacies and the wine that they were to drink, and gave them vegetables.”
Dr. Colbert said that most American people have thousands of chemicals in their bodies at any given time because of the pesticides, food processing, food additives and GMO’s that are added to our foods.You have to be VERY discerning with your food deciding what is the most nutritious long-term solution if your choosing to maintain a long healthy life.
- What 9 things can you do to detoxify your body? (1) Abstain from animal based products, (2) Eat plant based products, (3) Supplement with vitamins (4)Take high doses of Vitamin C, (5) Drink lots of water, (6) Be careful about your speech, (7) Be careful of your intake (media, music, advice, etc.), (8) Toss white powders (flour, salt, and sugar). Replace bleached white flour with oat, grain, corn, or bean flours. Replace salt with sea salt. Replace sugar with honey or stevia–Not Agave nectar. It is just as processed as High Fructose Corn Syrup. It’s not good for you. (9) Take a multivitamin with every meal.
- What are the most important nutrients that you need on a daily basis? on his website www.drcolbert.com, Dr. Colbert says, “The body requires thirteen essential vitamins for optimal health. The vitamins you need to remain healthy include Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D, E, K, biotin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, and thiamine”. These vitamins can be attained thru nutrition, but they can also be ensured thru vitamin supplementation in addition to nutrition.
I have given you alot of ammunition in this article for walking into divine health. Let’s walk into divine health together! Let me know what tips you have or things that have worked for you to gain divine health.