Crushing The Nutrition Lies That Desecrate Our Earthly Temples
The Center For Disease Control gives some shocking statistics on how common cardiovascular disease is in our society today. They have estimated that 1 in 4 deaths (610,000 people/year) are caused by heart disease. Hopkins Medical Organization says that 15 million adult people in the United States have cardiovascular disease. Many people have begun to believe that cardiovascular disease is genetic, and God designed them with heart malfunctions. God designed no one with a malfunction, but rather, each person is designed uniquely to fulfill their specified purpose. For most that are diagnosed with cardiovascular disease, they can apply this Bible remedy, and be free. Today, we have the joy of talking about what the Bible says about food that can save you from cardiovascular disease!
Presently, my family has several people who are struggling with high blood pressure, diabetes, and other cardiovascular diseases. I have seen people in my family require dialysis treatment, some require diapers, some have intense blood pressure headaches, and some with weight problems. It’s hard to see your family members struggling, and it is hard to struggle with these things yourself. I grew up on home-cooked meals that included lots of sweets, many canned foods, high salt intake, lots of oils, lots of pork (pork to season everything), and no real restrictions (besides the restriction not to drink after a certain time). Don’t get me wrong, everyone that came to eat at my parent’s house enjoyed the food, but I learned that I should change my eating to change my outcome.
I vowed that I did not want my husband and my son to experience health ailments like I have seen experienced in my family. Many people would say, “Your pre-conditioned to have that stuff if it runs in your family”, and in response, I would tell you, “I use my ‘no!’ power!”.
The Bible tells us that we were fearfully and wonderfully made. It does not tell us that we were designed with conditions that God is not strong enough to help us overcome. In my instance, many people in my family have been diagnosed with cardiovascular disease as a result of poor eating habits. Since, one generation teaches the next, many people learned how to cook, season, and eat unhealthy foods.
It is not easy to break away from a pattern of unhealthy eating because the food is pleasant to the eye and good to the touch as was the case of the fruit that tempted Adam and Eve in the garden. However, if you want to inherit God’s health promises, you MUST align with His word. He says, “If you do…, then I will do…”. In the instance of food, He clearly says what should and should not be eaten, and you must seek Him first even if you feel an inkling like you should live an alternate way. Honor Him by asking Him “Father, your word says…, but I believe that you want me to do…in my life. I am asking for you to show me what you want me to do”.
In Leviticus 11, it tells us regulations directly from God regarding what we should and should not eat. Listen to the passage HERE:
1. We must not eat land animals that do not have a divided hoof and chew the cud. You may be saying, “What does divided hoof and chewing the cud mean?”. Watch the video below for details:
Some animals have either a divided hoof, but do not chew the cud, or vice versa. The Bible tells us to eat the ones that have both. Pork falls into the category of animal that has a divided hoof, but does not chew the cud. Pigs are one of the most controversial animals from the passage because it is so commonly sold and eaten. Pork along with many of the other “unclean” animals in Leviticus 11 are linked to cardiovascular disease. The video below will give you information on the modern-day effects of pork:
2. For underwater anumals, it says that they should have fins and scales in order for them to be considered food.
3. For birds, the Bible restricts, “the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture, the red kite, any kind of black kite, any kind of raven, the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat. (Leviticus 11:13-19)
4. For insects, the Bible permits “any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper.” (Leviticus 11:22)
Some people will use passages in the New Testament to say that the Bible does not require us to eat this way anymore. Passages such as…
“I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.”
“I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision. I saw something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came down to where I was. I looked into it and saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, reptiles and birds. Then I heard a voice telling me, ‘Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.’
“I replied, ‘Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.’
“The voice spoke from heaven a second time, ‘Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.’ This happened three times, and then it was all pulled up to heaven again.”
To be honest, about one month ago, my thinking was compromised by those who say that the new testament canceled the old testament dietary laws. I started thinking, “Man, I have a taste for shrimp alfredo!” I went to Olive Garden after 5 years of levitical eating, and dived into a bowl of shrimp alfredo. When I look back at that scenario, the only reason why I did not want to abide by the Bible was because of the reminder of how good the food looked and tasted. Eve did the same thing in the Garden of Eden. Genesis 1:6 says, “When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it.”
You must understand that for every physical thing, there is a spiritual thing behind it. Analyze your heart, and ask yourself, “Am I doing this with a defiant heart?”
Many proponents of the levitical diet would argue the legitimacy of those who claim the New Testament canceled the Old Testament eating standards saying that God clearly said the meats that we should and should not eat. They would emphasize that God used food as a symbol for the inclusion of the gentiles as His people. Neither position (choosing what the Bible says you should or should not eat) is the purpose of this article. Rather, the purpose is to provide you with modern day facts about how this passage can help you achieve better cardiovascular health. Check out Leviticus 11, read other health statistics, and watch how this passage can help you attain better cardiovascular health!
Here are 4 simple facts about eating food that is forbidden in Leviticus 11:
- “The pig can carry up to 200 different diseases, and 18 different worms and other parasites. Pigs carry large round worms, which can be 18 inches long, the tape worm, three kinds of stomach worms, a tiny hair worm, a hookworm, and the thorn-headed worm, one specie of whip worm and several species of nodular worms exist in the large intestine as well as the kidney worm. It’s muscles are alive with tape worms and the Trichinella cysts abound in their flesh.” (www.wikibooks.org)
- “All the unclean animals are carnivores which have a simple round sac-like stomach that secretes ten times more hydrochloric acid than a herbivore. Its intestines are only three times the length of its trunk for quick expulsion of its food which quickly rots. They also have large livers and kidneys to handle the excessive amount of uric acid produced by their diet. Our bodies are designed differently and their flesh is toxic to our system. Doctors have discovered that eating these animals has a very bad effect on our heart, liver and other organs in our bodies. In 1953 Dr. David I. Macht, conducted toxicity tests on more than a hundred species of mammals, birds and fish. He reported that in every case, the unclean mammals, birds, and fish exhibited toxic effects whereas the clean ones did not.” (www.wikibooks.org)
- “However, its caecum is sandwiched between its gut and rectum and most of the absorption of the nutrients takes place there. When the rabbit redigests this material, it becomes coprophagous. In other words, it eats its own excrement. Consequently, the level of toxins in its tissues is far higher than in other herbivores. Bile salts, fatty acids, gases, and ammonia levels are all at unacceptable levels for human consumption. All rodents, and even the horse, fall into the same category. ” (www.amazinghealth.com)
- “The clean/kosher categories of fish contain balanced levels of detoxifying agents, such as selenium and arsenic in their bodies which give them more efficient systems of eliminating toxins. However, at too high a level they are not able to tolerate pollutants in the ocean and rather than adapting to the levels of toxins as do the unclean varieties, it kills them. Increased pollution will thereby limiting clean fish production.” (www.wikibooks.org)
1. Seek God. If you are having difficulty with this article, Ask God. Say, “Father, your word says certain foods for me to eat, and certain ones that I should not. I understand that the New Testament says things that I interpret as opposite. What is your will for how I should take care of my temple”. Wait on Him to tell you to abide by the New Testament only. He will show you how to live the full life that He desires for you. He wants you to live to fulfill your assignment, so anything that shortens your lifespan, He is going to direct you to avoid.
2. Abide by His instructions. When your obedient, He blesses.
3. Believe Him for His promises, and your cardiovascular health. Take authority from the kingdom of darkness when they attempt to scare you or turn your trust away from God. Use your, “No!” power as I do.
In closing, if Jesus eats this way, I think you should too!
Check out this playlist for more information on why you should use the levitical diet: